Inspirational ponderings and life reflections of a 20-year-old Texas college student.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I sit here listening to Staind, and I feel that I'm meant for something bigger than right now. When I get touched by the smallest, simplest things in life, I can just feel my potential, and I feel like I need to... get out there and reach others... How, I am still not sure, but I'm getting closer to knowing. I want to touch others with my writing, and I want to help others with my kindness and my resources. And I want John right there beside me. And I want to be able to talk to him about this, and make a plan of action, and bring back that fire in him that fueled mine. I know for a fact that If I hadn't met him, I wouldn't view the less fortunate quite how I do now. He has opened my eyes, and by doing that, he's helped me realize my potential and connect it with my dreams.

I'm ready to start heading toward these dreams. I've decided to become a "Giving Heart" for the Bridge of Lubbock non-profit organization that provides food and hope for the disadvantaged and/or homeless people and children of East Lubbock. I did some research on their site and I was touched by their mission and their involvement in the community. As soon as I'm near a computer to print out the application form, I'm pledging to donate $25 a month of this organization, to provide for the families. I've provided a link below to their site if anyone reading this is interested or in the Lubbock area. Their goal is to get 300 "Giving Hearts", and they currently only have 14; so, they could obviously use more help!

I'm really excited about where this start will take me, and can't wait to get started.

The Bridge of Lubbock site.

No comments:

Post a Comment